Join Our Team as a Volunteer Grant Writer
February 6, 2022
Konbit Sante is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to support the development of a sustainable health system in northern Haiti. We are seeking an experienced volunteer grant writer to join our grants team. The grant writer will support every aspect of grant development from prospect research to conceptualization to grant writing and submission. The grant writer will work closely with the program director.
- Work with grants team to develop an annual fundraising strategy and plan
- Develop and maintain proposal calendar
- Conduct prospect research on foundations, development and granting agencies, and corporations
- Participate in concept development meetings with program staff
- Collect, analyze, synthesize and present data or research to support needs statement and intervention
- Compile supporting documentation requested by the funder (i.e. CVs/resumes of project staff, annual report, financials, letters of support, etc.)
- Draft proposals or sections of proposals, as directed by the program director
- Assist program director with the submission of grant applications
- Perform additional tasks as needed and requested by the program director
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2-3 years grant writing experience
- Non-profit organizational and public health experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals
- Detail-oriented, organized, and deadline-driven
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
Time Commitment: The minimum commitment is an average of 10-15 hours per week including attending bi-weekly meetings with the grants team.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.