Volunteering in Haiti
Spring 2017: Current Volunteering Opportunities
We recruit volunteers with specific skill sets and experiences that address the activities and initiatives in the annual operational plan developed by our Haitian health system partners and Konbit Sante staff.
We ask volunteers to:
- make a long term commitment to the work and to establishing relationships with our partners in Haiti.
- pay their own travel expenses (unless specific grant funding or private donations are available and discussed with staff prior to travel).
- do preparatory study and reading on the historical and current realities of Haiti so they are better prepared to understand the context in which they will be working.
Konbit Sante gets requests from institutions or individuals for placements in advancement of their interests or academic requirements. We cannot make commitments to host such experiences, but welcome the applications of these individuals through the normal process. We always ask potential volunteers about any conflicts of interest they may have.
As much as we help facilitate the volunteer process, it it the final decision of the four Haitian health facilities that we partner with to approve volunteer opportunities, in cooperation with the Haitian Ministry of Health.
- Complete an application- email email@example.com to receive an application by email.
- Participate in an interview with Konbit Sante staff.
If approved, volunteers must complete an orientation training prior to travel and submit all requested paperwork to the US office. If the applicant’s skill set and experiences do not match our current or future volunteer needs in Haiti, we will keep in contact and retain your application on filre for future reference. We are also able to make referrals to partner organizations in northern Haiti.